Thursday 2 December 2010

Print Production & Location Shots

This week Beth and me went back out into Nunnery Wood in order that we might both gather some location shots. I also took this opportunity to gather some photos for my print production work. During this, we found a perfect location for the part of our video where the boy enters a clearing and is surrounded by the dead people which I photographed to refer back to later:






I also pursued my idea of the shoe tree for my print production work, borrowing Beth's brogues due to their vintage style and hanging them from various places.




I had initially wanted the above image as the cover of my digipak, but now, considering the dark background which would make finding a contrasting font style and colour hard, I think I will probably use this as an inside cover picture, using blur filters to make the image more indistinct, perhaps, in the same way that Muse's photos for "The Resistance" are.

As I left the woods, I tried taking a skywards shot, in the same style of the video shots in Bon Iver's "The Wolves", coming out with this:


It's dark at the moment, and needs some editing, but I think this might work well.

No comments:

Post a Comment