Friday 26 November 2010

Print Production - Creativity

In this week, I've started working in earnest on my Print Production task and, with only vague ideas of what I wanted, I began to experiment on Photoshop. I know that I want to include some sort of woodland imagery so, for now, I've been playing around with a picture of woods that I've found on the internet. After building up some textures with low opacity dry-brush style brushes (and erasing with the same types of brushes) to get a mottled effect, I placed the image beneath it, then altered the colour levels and opacity. Having done my research on fonts that I liked, I used my favourite as the centre feature of the cover, experimenting with alignment and font size. I know that I want to keep this elongated font style, even if my design changes.








Though I'm happy with this, I think I might use a simpler design. Whilst I was looking for a woodland image, I came across a "shoe tree", a tree that is laden with shoes. I thought this would be a useful reference to the use of hanged people in our video, without putting anything gruesome on the cover, and so am going to try and pursue this with my next attempt.



Sir Ken Robinson & Creativity


Sir Ken Robinson thinks that creativity is based on failing or doing things wrong. He says that children are unafraid of being wrong or making mistakes and that as we are educated we are made to be scared of failing or doing something wrong or different and this quells our creativity.

In experimenting in this way, I'm bound to get things wrong or encounter products of my ideas that I'm not happy with. I need to not be afraid to make these mistakes, as I'll be able to learn from them in order to produce the best possible digipak.

No comments:

Post a Comment