Thursday 1 July 2010

Production: Digital Technology

During this task, my knowledge of digital technology was largely added to. I had never previously been confident in using a camera, but I managed to gain a better understanding of camera control whilst having a go at operating it in the preliminary task, using zoom functions and experimenting with the controls on the tripod which when proved helpful in getting smooth shots in the production of our final Busted video.

I had no experience with the editing program, Adobe Premier Pro, so I had to pick things up as I went along. Though initially it was hard to cope with managing multiple clips, accurate cutting and audio matching, the knowledge I gained from preparing my preliminary Lip-Sync task piece then helped me greatly in the production of the main Busted video, as now I had a basic grounding of the programme, I could further explore, adding slow motion or speeding clips up where appropriate.

I found posting the edited video to Youtube much easier this time, having previously forgotten in the Lip-Syncing task to correctly cut the length of the film, which resulted in a much longer upload. This time, however, was much simpler due to the much shorter length of the piece.

Over the course of A2, I want to further my knowledge of editing techniques in order to find interesting and quirky ways to compose my final music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment